[Fredslist] Gotham in Punta del Este, Uruguay

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Mon Jan 5 15:20:17 EST 2009

Hello Along the Network,

During Christmas week, Michael Lewis (Gotham Brooklyn Bridge), his
charming wife Frida, and two lovely daughters Jessica and Rachel, my
wife and I had dinner together in Punta del Este, Uruguay.  For those of
you who are uninitiated, "Punta" is to Buenos Aires what East Hampton is
to New York; being located in the southern hemisphere, it's summer there
right now.

Mike and I had talked a number of times about vacation spots in warmer
climes, and he took my suggestion to come to Punta, and also visited
Buenos Aires and Mendoza, which is a wine-making region in the western
part of Argentina.

The Lewises arrived at my mother-in-law's house for drinks on the patio,
and then the six of us decamped to a classic Punta restaurant, "Los
Caracoles" (which means the seashells), and partook of Argentina's
famous beef, wonderful local wine and an appetizer of sweetbreads,
sausages and baked provolone cheese.  A wonderful evening.  We also met
at the airport on Sunday for our flight home to New York.

Mike and thought it was really cool to get together 5,500 miles from
home, and we're thinking of starting a new Gotham Chapter down there!

Lucas J. Meyer

5th Street Advisors, LLC

34 5th Street

Stamford, CT  06905