[Fredslist] What's on the stimulus bill for New businesses?

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Wed Feb 25 12:26:42 EST 2009

Gothamites,

   Parsing the ARRA, I see tax breaks, benefits, incentives for new businesses.

   Mayor Bloomberg also announced new initiatives from the NYCEDC.

   Could more knowledgeable attorneys and accountants summarize the benefits?

E.g.

1) If you were starting a new company, what's the best area to do it in to maximize federal, state & city incentives?

2) What's the best way to hire new staff to get the tax credits?

3) Are there benefits / incentives for training current staff?

4) Buying new equipment or capital expenditures?

Perhaps a Gotham Panel is in the offing?

If the feds want to put billions to revitalize the SMB space, why shouldn't we take advantage of it to help current & new clients maximize the rewards?

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
"IT Crisis Management and Solutions"