[Fredslist] Gotham Green meeting highlights

Gail Koelln gkgrantwriting at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 09:44:52 EST 2009

Dear Fellow Gothamites,

OK, so it took me a week, but I didn't want to let any more time go by
without writing something about last week's Gotham Green meeting.  We had a
great turnout, in no small part due to Kelly Welles and her remarkable
networking skills.

Everyone was inspired listening to speaker Jeff Rumpf, Executive Director of
Clearwater, speak about his organization and the wonderful work they do.
Besides environmental advocacy and education, cleaning up the Hudson River
and sailing their wonderful Clearwater Sloop, they are beginning a new green
construction project in Beacon, NY that will include a center for green
collar training, meetings and other wonderful activities.  And, you don't
want to miss their annual River Festival held in Westchester for one weekend
each June.  This year they'll be celebrating the Quadcentennial of Henry
Hudson's sail on the river that now has his name.  We even may do a meeting
on the sloop this summer, if that can be arranged!

As usual, we went around the room and it was amazing who was there,
including a green venture investor, green academic, documentary filmmaker,
etc., etc., etc.!  As always, we ended the meeting with high energy and LOTS
of networking.

Our next meeting will be a joint one with the Gay and Lesbian group.  We're
really looking forward to that.  And, don't forget the Gotham Green Awards
luncheon on April 23!

Best wishes to all,

Gail

Gail Koelln