[Fredslist] Great internship opportunity for leading NY Advertising professional organization - please share

Rona Wexler ronawexler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:38:24 EDT 2009

I aqm an active Board Member of AWNY (Advertising Women of NY) one of the
most dynamic, smart organizations serving women and men in advertising,
marketing, marketing communications, media, promotion and public relations.
 AWNY is an active affiliate of the American Advertising Federation.*We are
looking for interns!!  **CONTACT: Lynn Zalokar,  lynn at awny.org*
directly. Application
information is below.

Past interns have made connections that led to jobs, in the NY metro area
and beyond!. This is a great opportunity -- please share.
*T**his is an unpaid internship that does qualify for college credit* (consult
your college's academic advisor).
*
*
Men and women interns have gained terrific experience working in the office,
helping to staff events, meeting industry leaders and cutting edge thinkers.
 Founded in 1912, AWNY will soon celebrate its 100th anniversary.  How is
that for a track record!

*Fall/Winter Interns:  AWNY offers internship opportunities
(unpaid) year-round. The fall/winter intern will learn, or broaden, general
office and administrative skills which are critical to landing a first job.
The intern also has the the opportunity to meet our members at committee
meetings and events. (We have members of all ages and at every career
stage.) The AWNY office produces over 35 events a year. The intern will see
the various stages of planning an event: at committee meetings (where the
planning starts), in the office communicating with those registering to
attend, and on-site the day of the event.*

 We are looking for individuals with *availability *(Monday through Friday)
from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work/attend a few events
that may occur before or after these hours. If you are interested, please
send your resume and a cover letter including the following:

* Your availability for the fall/winter (start and end dates)

* Your availability during the week Monday-Friday between the hours
of 9am-5pm

*To read about our past interns, please click the link **
http://www.awny.org/module-Pagesetter-viewpub-tid-2-pid-13.html*

Please check the *www.awny.org* <http://www.awny.org/>* *for further
information about us!

Lynn Zalokar, Membership Manager
(212) 221-7969      fax: (212) 221-8296

"Women Reaching Women in Advertising...
Share the Network, Tell a Friend or Colleague
about AWNY today!"