[Fredslist] Verizon bill

BOB SCHIFFMANN microwaves at juno.com
Mon Apr 27 15:27:17 EDT 2009

Warning to Fellow Gothamites:
I always check my Verizon bill carefully and found an $ 8.50 charge
for "Directory Assistance". When I called Verizon about this, I
learned that this was an unauthorized charge form a company called
Discounted Telecommunications Services. Verizon removed the charge
from my bill, put a block on future charges and connected me to that
company - I told them their charge was unauthorized and to remove me
from their customer list..... I urge you all to examine your phone
bills carefully - this is not the first time I've caught such charges.
Cheers,
Bob
R.F. Schiffmann Associates, Inc.
149 West 88 Street