[Fredslist] Job opportunity in Accounting -Principals only please

abonfiglio at psapartnership.org abonfiglio at psapartnership.org
Wed Apr 15 15:50:58 EDT 2009

A close associate of mine asked me to publish this job opportunity on
the network. His firm does not want to deal with agencies, so only
interested applicants should apply.

If you know of someone who is qualified and would be interested in
this position described below, please send me the resume, and I will
pass it along.

Thank you.

Regards,
Anne Bonfiglio, CISA
Exec. Dir./PSA
www.psapartnership.org
10 park Ave 7H
New York, N.Y. 10016
212 685 0281                 JOB DESCRIPTION

Professional Services BILLing Manager for a company managing data
collection for the Pharmaceutical industry.

Finance Department / Corporate Division

Reports to: Director of Accounting

Direct Reports: Project Administrators

  Primary Duties and Responsibilities:

Oversee the accounting of the company?s professional services function
to ensure proper recording of expenses and accurate revenue recognition
Manage day-to-day activities of billing department with staff of four
project administrators
Ensure timely and accurate billing of professional service activity
Perform monthly analytical review to explain time variances and trends
Ensure the integrity of data within the company?s Prof Services
software system.
Review the setup of projects, oversee controls, and examine accuracy
and timeliness of time & expense recording.
Prepare monthly reconciliations of billing activity.
Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts
Participate in annual audits and quarterly reviews

Required:

Knowledge of relevant GAAP over professional services revenue
recognition, expense accounting and processing.
Bachelors degree
At least 7 years progressive experience in general accounting or
billing and collections
Previous managerial experience
Strong computer skills including Excel
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible team-player

Preferred:

Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Proficiency with Time Reporting Systems (QuickArrow a plus)
Familiarity with accounting systems (Softrax a plus)
Customer collections experience a plus