[Fredslist] RE: *** Extremely Important *** Please Read ***

David M. Bishop dmbishop at bbsi.com
Thu Oct 30 08:40:05 EDT 2008

That is why I use a program called RoboForm (http://www.roboform.com).  It
is a password manager that encrypts all the passwords you have for websites,
and when you go back to that site, it puts up a one-click prompt to
automatically enter the password.

Even more importantly, it has a very sophisticated password generator that
makes random passwords.  Because of this tool, no 2 passwords that I have
are the same.  I even use the tool to create a password for my e-mail
account.  Another interesting way to use RoboForm is to generate a random
password to answer those "security challenge questions" (you know, when a
site asks you for your Mother's maiden name or your first pet's name).  They
don't care if the answer is a word or not, as long as you can repeat it when
the time comes.  Remember, correctly answering the challenge question is how
Sarah Palin's Yahoo e-mail account was broken into.

RoboForm costs $30 and it works on PCs and handhelds (Palm, Blackberry, and
Windows Mobile devices).  No Mac support that I know of.  There are other
programs like this out there (some are even free), but I have used this one
for at least 5 years with no issues.

Dave (Gotham Queens)

--
David M. Bishop
President

Bishop Business Solutions, Inc.
293 Fendale Street
Franklin Square, NY 11010-3407

http://www.bbsi.com

(516) 483-7000 (office)
(516) 505-8358 (fax)

"Helping your business work more efficiently!"

The information contained in this electronic e-mail transmission and any
attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
whom or to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the
distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication and any attachment
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by telephone and electronic mail, and
delete the original communication and any attachment from any computer,
server or other electronic recording or storage device or medium.  Although
this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or
other defect that may affect any computer system, it is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free.  By reading this e-mail,
you agree that Bishop Business Solutions, Inc. shall bear no responsibility
to any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.  Thank you.