[Fredslist] There is great Greek food beyond Manhattan ....

Susan Spelman ss at spelmanstrategic.com
Sun Oct 26 10:46:58 EDT 2008

Gotham ....

This is basically a thank-you to all of you who responded to my query
last week ...

I asked for a taverna in Astoria, etc .... Here's the list of
suggestions ....  Unfortunately, I can only report on one of them.

•  Xenon Taverna  - 34th street and 31st Ave

•  Aliada Restaurant- Broadway and 30th street

2 for Taverna Kyclades.

	"Taverna Kyclades is terrific.  My wife loved it also."
	 http://www.tavernakyclades.com/

	33-07 Ditmas Blvd/33rd St
	718 545-8666
	"The real deal....fresh seafood and vegetables. ... Outside and
inside seating. ...Downside:  busy, might have to wait."

2 votes for Elias' Corner
	Corner of 31st and Astoria Blvd.
	"Great food, relaxed, very casual atmosphere. Freshest fish around."

2 for Agnanti Meze
	718 545.4554  ...1906 Ditmars Blvd
	"Ultra fresh seafood/fish .... Waterviews."

	'Agnanti is the best restaurant in Astoria. I've lived there for 8
years. It is on the corner of 19th Street and Ditmars. You take the N
train to Ditmars Boulevard and exit on the Northwest corner. Walk from
31st Street to 19th Street (west) and it is there on the corner. They
have amazing sausages with orange, grilled whole fish, a fabulous
peasant salad and other amazing dishes. You can't go wrong. Their
phone number is 718-545-4554.'"

Telly's Taverna
	28-13 23rd Ave/ @ 8th St. ... 718 728-9056
	"Authentic....and you can sit for a while longer"

"Try Stamatis on 23rd  Avenue I believe, delicious.

"It's not exactly a Taverna…..but have you tried Cavo Lounge and
Café.  It is amazing."

Someone also suggested a neighborhood place in Bayside, which for
geographic reasons is where we ended up.

A great Greek restaurant in Bayside (don’t know if that neighborhood
works for you) is Kati Allo on Francis Lewis Blvd.  Hope that helps.

It's basically a take-out place in the front with a 6-table restaurant
in the back .... and a garden, which had just closed.  We were most
pleasantly surprised.  Terrific eggplant salad (my fave of the
spreads)l, yummy kabobs, perfectly done .... I had a sole stuffed with
spinach and feta.  Light.  Yummy.

Oh ... and, to say the least, well priced.

Just one family at another table at 7:30 on a Saturday night ... Hard
to believe.

They were out of decaf coffee ... so we sadly went elsewhere for
coffee and dessert.

Susan

Susan Spelman

Spelman Strategic Communications