[Fredslist] Electronic Discovery Seminar 10/14 at Suffolk Bar -- Free

Gail Blasie blaze at cal.net
Mon Oct 13 11:15:31 EDT 2008

Dear Fellow Gothamites:

Does electronic discovery make your head spin?  Do you groan at the thought of having to produce thousands and thousands of emails?  What do you do about text messages?

Don't lose your case because you failed to properly comply with electronic discovery requirements.  And don't lose your case because you failed to identify that smoking gun email.

If so, I hope you can join us on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 4:30 p.m. at the Suffolk Bar Association's Commercial and Corporate Law Committee Meeting,  when our own Judy Mines and Geoff Sherman, representatives from RVM, Inc. will educate and enlighten us on the ins and outs of electronic discovery and how to keep costs down.  We will cover the simple tools and techniques that you can use to process electronic information.  We will cover the basics of e-Discovery, from PST files to load files, forensics, as well as where and how the vendor community fits into your budget and legal strategy.  We will talk about practical, cost effective ways of performing an effective early case assessment.

RVM, Inc. is a leader in the field, providing provides litigation support for electronic discovery as follows:
  a.. Proprietary technology and unsurpassed quality control
  b.. Robust access to your most relevant, responsive electronic evidence
  c.. Images and key metadata delivered in virtually any format and medium
  d.. De-duplication with guaranteed accuracy to eliminate redundancy
  e.. Expert forensic analysis to recover or uncover critical evidence
Refreshments will be served.  The Suffolk Bar Association is located at 560 Wheeler Road, Hauppauge, New York.  All are welcome, whether you are a committee member or not.

The next Suffolk Corporations and Commercial Law Committee meeting will be held on November 12, 2008, at which time we will have a presentation giving us an overview of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyright by Attorney  Thomas A. O'Rourke, Bodner & O'Rourke.  The tentative time is 4:30 p.m. at the Suffolk Bar Association, 560 Wheeler Road, Hauppague.

Best, Gail Blasie

Gail M. Blasie, P.C.
Attorney at Law
1134 Lake Shore Drive
Massapequa Park, NY  11762
phone:  (516) 457-9169
fax:  (516) 804-8219
http://www.blasielaw.com

Notice: This e-mail and any attachments may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments and destroy any printouts.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: Under regulations issued by the U.S. Treasury, to the extent that tax advice is contained in this correspondence (or any attachment hereto), you are advised that such tax advice is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by you, or any party to whom this correspondence is shown, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending the tax advice addressed herein to any other party.