[Fredslist] Amazing web sites

Christopher Lamal clamal at lamal-law.com
Sat Mar 15 23:49:55 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I haven't fully explored the BisRiskAdvice site yet, but I do heartily
second David's recommendation of the TED (Technology, Entertainment and
Design) site, www.TED.com.  There you'll find stimulating talks, wonderful
entertainment and amazingly creative works.  The site is so engrossing that
you may find yourself spending the whole day exploring its video programs.
(For an appetizer, you can sample this TED morsel of mathemagic:
http://snipurl.com/21td3 )

The TED site is based on the annual TED conferences (which costs $6,000 to
attend), so the site provides a way of sharing in the stimulation and
excitement without having to travel and without having to pay the fee.

Another site many of you might find interesting is www.fora.tv, a site that
offers web videos of thoughtful lectures and discussions on a wide range of
interests.

And for those who would like to explore issues in a more sustained and
academic fashion, Yale now offers online, for free, webcasts of several
introductory level lecture courses (http://open.yale.edu/courses) in a
variety of subject areas, including one of the most popular undergraduate
lecture courses, "Death" (from the philosophy dept., my old stomping
grounds), as well as courses on the Old Testament and astrophysics and other
subjects.

Chris
Christopher T. Lamal
Lamal Law Office