[Fredslist] Renatto with compilation of info re:restaurant near Plainview LI

Tessa Marquis tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com
Sun Jul 6 14:40:05 EDT 2008

Okay so this is funny
Sunday post at 9:58 am  requesting advice on a
restaurant located near Plainview Long Island.  4 hours later I have lots of

See below for the responses....Tied for top are Blackstones, Sagamore,, and
Rothman/Rothmanns.

I think I have discovered the power of Gotham. It is related to food, not
business. If only someone could help connect me to C level and upper
management at manufacturing companies and industrial facilities.

Tessa Marquis
New Standard Institute, Inc.
203.783.1582 x101
tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com

Try Boccacio on Old Country Road in Hicksville. Franina on jericho Tpke,
Syossett.Both excellent.  Majors Steak house, Jericho Tpke Woodbury.Informal
steak house, good value. Noisy and fun.
Norman Spizz
---------------------------
Try Sagamore Steakhouse on Jericho Tpke. Also, Cool Fish on Jericho. For
Italian, you could try Franina's or Angelinas Too.  For a nice French Bistro
try Bistro Cassis on South Oyster Bay Road in Plainview.
Nancy Schess
---------------------------
If you don't mind the financial "bite" you should go to Blackstone's in
Melville or Rothmann's in East Norwich. Both a great steakhouses in a 10-15
minute radius. Also, Diane's in Woodbury is a delicious continental find
with wonderful food and drink and extraordinary desserts. These are all in
my backyard and places we frequent.
Marc W. Horowitz, Ed. D.,
---------------------------
Rothman's on LI. Mmmmmm....
Scott Bloom
---------------------------
Maxwell & Dunne is over rated and unnecessarily costly.
There's a ton of great eateries in Woodbury and, if you're willing to drive
a little further, Huntington.
Alan J. Schwartz, Esq.
---------------------------
Red Fish on Woodbury Road is excellent but can be noisy.
Luann Skolnik

---------------------------
Some favorites in East Norwich— “Rothman’s”25A north of the expressway at
exit 40 for high end streak and good service—

“Franina”,  on Jericho Tpke in Syosset- hi end Italian.—or “Sagamore” closet
to Plainview on Jericho Tpke (route 25)

And if you find any recommendation for Southeast Asian, I too would like to
know.
Andrea Gould

---------------------------
If you want steak go to Blackstone's in Melville. Short trip eastward from
Plainview.
Scott Klein

---------------------------
I have not been to Maxwell & Dunne's but have heard good things about it
from friends and associates.
Bob Arnold, Jr

---------------------------
And this one: with URLs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sagamore Steakhouse – Syosset, NY
http://www.sagamoresteakhouse.com/home.html

Café Testarosa – Syosset, NY
http://cafetestarossa.com/

About 20min away:
Four Food Studio – Melville, NY (very trendy and loud on weekends and Monday
but good food)
http://www.fourfoodstudio.com/fourFoodUC.html

Blackstone Steakhouse – Melville, NY
http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/

Prime – Huntington, NY
http://www.restaurantprime.com/

There are also a ton of amazing restaurants in Huntington Village -
Jonathan’s, Honu, Cassis, Besito

Cheryl L. Fratello, Esq.