[Fredslist] Fwd: K@W December 10, 2008

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Thu Dec 11 07:02:23 EST 2008

The Knowledge at Wharton newsletter is always filled with interesting
and insightful articles.

It arrives monthly and can be forwarded to clients and prospects
alike providing you with an intelligent and thoughtful touch point
(as opposed to the tiresome "hey I'm just checking in" or "touching
base" email that leaves people bored).

Here's the latest edition with full info on how to subscribe etc.

Best
Adrian

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Knowledge at Wharton <knowledge at wharton.upenn.edu>
> Date: December 11, 2008 1:05:18 AM EST
> To: amiller at adrianmiller.com
> Subject: K at W December 10, 2008
>
> This email was delivered to the following address:
> amiller at adrianmiller.com
>

> Quick Links
> Subscribe to iTunes
> Change Password
> Update Email address
> Retrieve Password
> Content Licensing
> Get our XML/RSS feed
> Homepage
> Dec 10 - Dec 23
>
> What's Hot
> Bailout or Bankruptcy? How to Get the Auto Industry Back on Track
> On December 9, Congress and the White House reached an "agreement
> in concept" on a $15 billion bailout plan for General Motors and
> Chrysler, the conditions of which still need to be negotiated.
> While the proposed loans would give the Detroit automakers some
> breathing room, legislators and auto executives remain under
> enormous pressure to come up with a plan to resolve the industry's
> deep structural and management problems. Wharton faculty and other
> experts discuss the merits of the bailout proposal and what the
> potential alternative -- bankruptcy -- could mean.
> http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/2115.cfm
>
> Real Estate
> (Podcast with Transcript)
> The Son Also Rises: Donald Trump, Jr., on Real Estate Opportunities
> in Emerging Markets
> Back in the heady days of the real estate boom, property prices in
> New York City soared along with those in the rest of the U.S. When
> the subprime mortgage crisis hit and prices collapsed, the city's
> market held out longer than others -- for two reasons. First, it is
> a major financial center with strong demand; and second, the weak
> dollar made it possible for international buyers and investors to
> find deals at discounts as high as 40%. Where will the New York
> market be in 2009? Where are the most attractive deals to be found
> in emerging markets? In a podcast recorded at the Knowledge at Wharton
> Real Estate Forum on Emerging Markets on December 2, Donald Trump,
> Jr., executive vice president of development and acquisitions at
> the Trump Organization, speaks about those questions and more. He
> also discusses how he views his unique contribution to expanding
> the Trump brand overseas, building on the foundation laid by his
> famous father.
> http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/2113.cfm
>
> Leadership and Change
> CEOs and Market Woes: Is Poor Corporate Governance to Blame?
> Many shareholder advocates see the financial collapse and resulting
> economic woes as stunning proof of their long-held claim that too
> often the wrong people are in charge of top corporations -- and
> that attacking this problem demands an overhaul in corporate-
> [...]

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com
http://www.adrianmiller.com/blog/

http://www.askadrianmiller.com/

www.mysalesquestion.com/

See my book: The Blatant Truth: 50 Ways to Sales Success" at
http://www.theblatanttruth.com/

Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/amst

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"