[Fredslist] Jumpstart Succession Planning for Economic Sustainability - CLE webcast

Phyllis Weiss Haserot pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
Wed Dec 3 16:04:24 EST 2008

Attention lawyers and influencers:
Below is an announcement for a webcast I am doing next week It's on a vital topic made even more urgent given the current and long-lasting economic downturn.
CLE credit is provided.
I will arrange a Gotham discount if you contact me before registering.
Hope you will join us.
Phyllis

SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR ECONOMIC SUSTAINABILITY:

Rethinking the Process in Uncertain Times

West LegalEdCenter webcast  December 9, 2008   12:30-2pm EST

CLE credit provided.

For more information and to register

We see daily now the news of the unheard of level of firm lay-offs in response to business pressures that firms have been totally unprepared for. The squeeze will come back to haunt the firms that do not have a well-thought out succession planning and transitioning process - a process that's even more important for economic downturns.

Faced with the inevitability of a demographic perfect storm compounded by an economic one, how can firms address prospective talent development and leadership gaps and economic sustainability? By reframing and executing an institutionalized succession planning process built on flexibility and transparent criteria and benchmarks.

Doing this will provide challenges for each of the generations. In this webcast we will discuss how the current economic downturn can be an opportunity for sounder professional personnel policies and long-term business and cultural sustainability. It requires statesmanship and a long term view on the part of firm management.

Participants will take away from attending this webcast:

Ø      Suggested models for jumpstarting succession and transitioning planning

Ø      How to use a merit-based process to alleviate "backroom disputes" and tough management conversations

Ø      5 ways multi-generational challenges will reframe succession planning - and where to look for solutions

Ø      How lateral intra-firm moves may resolve inter-generational tensions

Who should attend:

Managing partners, chairs, CEOS, practice group chairs, management committee members, professional development and human resources chiefs and directors

We hope you will join us for a lively and enlightening discussion and CLE credit.

Speakers:

Phyllis Weiss Haserot, President, Practice Development Counsel and            West Key Author

Moderator

Steven R. Berger, Shareholder, Vedder Price

Richard T. McDermott, Principal, Practice Development Counsel and Adjunct Professor, Fordham University School of Law

For more information and to register

Phyllis Weiss Haserot
Practice Development Counsel
Consulting/Coach to the Next Generation
Author of "The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing Planning, Strategy and Management for Law Firms" and "The Marketer's Handbook of Tips & Checklists"

* Next Generation, Next Destination*
* Cross-Generational Conversation*

Voice:: 212-593-1549
pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com