[Fredslist] Puppy lovers please help

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Aug 22 09:28:44 EDT 2008

Just passing on for a friend. Please help!!!

Hi Guys,

I am asking desperately for your help. I
started fostering a 7-month old, Gray (with green eyes) AmStaff Mix
last week for the Organization - Stray From The Heart. She is so
amazingly beautiful, that it breaks my heart what has happened. (check
out my blog: buddhainbabylon.blogspot.com for pics)

She was a stray, found on August 6th - just hit by a car. A person
brought her to the NY Animal Care and Control Center where everyone
fell in love with her, and fought to not get her put down, instead -
they brought her to get surgery on her broken body.

She had surgery last week: broken leg repaired, and was spayed. She
walked away with hurt ribs, pneumonia (which the Vet hospital didn't
catch) and a horrible little cough. We got her the day after she had
surgery.

She walked in, humble as pie. So gorgeous and sweet!! Would look
around and then fall asleep. Never a peep. We took her out for her
little walks (she still had sutres in) and came back into the house.
Even though she was in more pain than we thought imaginable, she was
always open to us giving her the meds, and picking her up to go inside
and out, since she can't do stairs yet.

Today, I have received devastating news - and could really use help.
We had to return her to the Vet (on 15th and 5th ave in NYC) last
week, only after a day of having her. She was coughing so badly she
couldn't sleep that night, and she had no hunger. For almost a week,
they have had her in their care. She has to go home today since the
organization doesn't have the extra $500 to keep her one more day.
Her symptoms are much better, but she still needs care and attention.

I am almost 5 months pregnant. Taking this dog was a way for me to
help an animal and celebrate life of all living things while creating
a life of my own. Today I found out the medicine you have to give to
her needs to be administered (it's a capsule that has to be put in her
mouth) with gloves on since it's risky for humans to touch it. Not
life threatening at all, though. Being Pregnant, I cannot take her.
The vets said I am not allowed, and I can't risk my baby's health.

So, I ask all of you - PLEASE - help me help this dog. All I ask is
you can foster her (you can't be pregnant or have pets now) for the
next few weeks until her meds cease. Then I can take her back. No
one at the Organization knows of a pet-free home for a foster parent.
If we don't find this dog a home today, SHE WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP. All
expenses are paid for, you are given a crate and medication, and food
free of charge.

Love has a face. Humanity has a face. Is it yours? Please please
please call me at 917-734-7301.

Thanks,

Marissa

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com
http://www.adrianmiller.com/blog/

http://www.askadrianmiller.com/

www.mysalesquestion.com/

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Adrian_Miller

See my book: The Blatant Truth: 50 Ways to Sales Success" at
http://www.theblatanttruth.com/

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"