[Fredslist] Condolences to Gotham member Alan Levy

Debra Lindner debbie at gothamnetworking.com
Wed Aug 20 08:03:50 EDT 2008

I regret to inform you that Gotham member Alan Levy lost his sister this
weekend after a long illness.   For those who have asked, the
information re services is listed below.

Our deepest sympathies to Alan and his family.

A memorial service for Karen Marcum (Levy) will be held at 9:30 am this
coming Sunday, the 24th of August at Temple Beth Abraham in Tarrytown,
NY. Directions are below.

The Levy family will be sitting Shiva at the home of Alan and Elana Levy
from approximately noon on Sunday and again from 12-8 on Monday. The
address is 56 Seven Oaks Lane, Brewster, NY 10509.

Directions to the Levy’s home (845-279-4584):

>From Westchester: Take I-684 North to Exit 10, Brewster. At the end of
the ramp there is a traffic light. Go straight through the light on to
Starr Ridge Road. (There is a Citgo station on the far right
corner).Continue approximately 1.5 miles to Seven Oaks Lane and make a
left. (Note that the left on to Seven Oaks Lane is the entrance to Starr
Ridge Manor and is marked by a white sign with black letters.) Follow
Seven Oaks through one stop sign, approximately ¾ mile. The house will
be on your right hand side. It is a limestone color with dark green
shutters.

>From Dutchess County: Take I-84 east to exit 20. This will put you on
I-684 and follow signs for exit 10, Brewster. Follow above directions.

>From Connecticut: Take I-84 west to exit 20.This will put you on I-684
and follow signs for exit 10, Brewster.  Follow above directions.

>From Temple Beth Abraham: Make a right out of the parking lot on to
Leroy Ave. Go ¼ mile to Route 9 and turn right going North on Route 9
(Main Street) for approximately one mile to the second stoplight. Turn
right on to Neperan Road. Follow Neperan 2-3 miles as it winds through
the two lakes that make up the Tarrytown Reservoir. After you pass the
second lake, you will see signs for the entrance to the Saw Mill Parkway
North. (Do not take the first South Entrance.) Follow the Parkway North
until it merges with I-684 North. Follow above directions.

                                       Temple Beth Abraham
                    25 Leroy Avenue, Tarrytown, New York
                                   (914) 631-1770
                                   www.tba-ny.org
>From N.Y.C., New Jersey and Points South:   Take G. W. Bridge to I-87
North (Major Deegan Expwy). Take I-87 North (becomes N.Y.S. Thruway) to
Exit 9 - Tarrytown (Last exit before Tappan Zee Bridge). At end of exit
ramp, turn left onto Route 119 West. Turn right at light onto Route 9
North - Broadway. Continue through 2 traffic lights and turn right
(after Medical Arts Building) onto Leroy Avenue. Temple is on your left.

>From Long Island:    Take Throgs Neck Bridge or Whitestone Bridge to
Hutchinson River Parkway North. Take HRP North to Exit 13 - Cross County
Parkway West. Take CCP to Exit 4N - I 87 North (New York State Thruway).
Take I-87 North to Exit 9 - Tarrytown (Last exit before Tappan Zee
Bridge). Proceed as above.
>From Connecticut and the Northeast:    Take Parkways South to I-287 West
(Cross Westchester Expressway). After exit 1, merge right onto I-87
North (New York State Thruway). Take I-87 North to Exit 9 - Tarrytown
(Last exit before Tappan Zee Bridge). Proceed as above.
>From Tappan Zee Bridge and Points North:    After Bridge toll booths
immediately move right to Exit 9 - Tarrytown. Turn right at light onto
Route 9 North (Broadway). Continue through 3 traffic lights and turn