[Fredslist] Lucas Meyer--Financial Whiz and a Mentsch!

Joel Schnur joel at schnurassociates.com
Fri Aug 8 12:29:41 EDT 2008

Dear Tribe:

Had a wonderful meeting with Lucas, yesterday. In fact, the meeting wasn't
really for the two of us to get together as much as it was for my son and
Lucas to have a meeting.

My son has been in the world of finance for the last 11 years and, most
recently, became a statistic, one of the 30,000+ who have been laid off on
Wall Street. Lucas graciously agreed to meet with him in my offices with an
offer to see how he could he might be helpful. I never knew what my son did
because he always told me to "just tell people I'm, in finance because
you'll never understand what I do."

And he was right. I am multi-lingual but when he and Lucas started talking I
felt like a foreigner. Nonetheless, we'll see how that turns out.

Lucas and I did spend time afterwards and aside from being spellbound by his
tales of world-wide travel and living was a most amazing part story of his
father having been a Nazi during WW11!

No, that wasn't a typo! His father was an OSS (Office of Special Services,
forerunner of the CIA) officer and Lucas only became aware of it, by
accident, when he was an adult!

Sounds like a New Yorker magazine story with book and movie rights to me!

Jeepers! What other secrets lurk in the lives of other Gothamites!

Have a great weekend, summer and life.

Joel

___________________________

Joel Schnur