[Fredslist] Fred on the Boston Bus

Jack Halpern jhalpern at myelderadvocate.com
Sat Apr 19 11:05:58 EDT 2008

Dear Fellow Gothamites:

It's hard to believe that the Boston Trip has already come and gone. I
had been looking forward to this trip from the day it was announced.
At first I was apprehensive. How could a trip with 28 people possible
compare to the Connecticut road trip with only 6 people in a van?

Then there was a feverish 3 days to get all the work that I needed to
get done before taking off Thursday (and Friday as it turned out). As
soon as I got on the bus, I realized that this was going to be an
adventure that I would never forget. I turned off my cell phone and
jumped right into it.

Since joining Gotham in December of 2006, I had the great pleasure and
honor to form relationships, both personal and business, with some of
the most wonderful and unique individuals on this earth. I knew most
of the people on the bus and had formed relationships with them.
Spending 15 hours with them on a bus was an experience that I will
remember as long as I live.

It didn't really matter where we went, or what we ate and drank. For
one day in 2008, seventeen like-minded individuals took a day off, and
left the world behind to enjoy each other’s company and lives. We
communicated without email and cell phones. We talked to each other
about anything and everything.

I thank Fred for his extraordinary vision and leadership. His greatest
skill is in putting people in touch with each other. The rest is up to
them. I look forward to telling my grandchildren about the trip I took
to Boston with sixteen of my friends.

Warm wishes and a happy Passover to those celebrating.

Jack

On Apr 18, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Benjamin Geizhals wrote:

> Fred shares the Boston Bus ride at http://www.gothamnetworking.com/blogs/posting.php?bid=677

Jack Halpern, CEO
My Elder Advocate
jhalpern at myelderadvocate.com