[Fredslist] New message

Right Turn info at right-turn.org
Fri Apr 4 09:16:30 EDT 2008

Movie Night at Right Turn
“Stuart Saves His Family”
Saturday, April 5th
Doors open at 7:00 P.M
Show starts at 8:00 P.M.
Coffee/Beverages available for donation

“It goes a long way toward explaining the problems of Stuart Smalley when you find out that when he was young, his father's nickname for him was "Waste of Space." Growing up in Minneapolis, Stuart's father was an alcoholic, his mother a co-dependent and enabler, his sister a compulsive eater and his brother a budding drug user. Stuart fled as soon as he could to Chicago, where he was soon a member of four 12-step programs…. The movie is also unobtrusively wise about the real nature of the problems in Stuart's family, and doesn't offer easy solutions or a phony happy ending. I not only enjoyed Stuart Smalley, doggone it, I liked him, and that attitude of gratitude ain't just a platitude.” ---Roger Ebert