[Fredslist] Adopt a great "Morris-type" cat with a strange story

Renee Colwell rcolwell at cmitsolutions.com
Thu May 24 10:37:21 EDT 2007

Hello fellow Gotham-ites,
The owner of our neighborhood pet supply store has a strange story to tell.
A woman came to her with a young male "Morris-type" tiger kitty and left him
to be groomed.  She claimed she spoke no English, but filled out all the
forms correctly, and then paid in cash.  Valerie (the pet-store owner)
groomed the cat, which had a great personality and was a delight.  But the
woman never returned.  When Valerie tried the contact numbers, they were all
disconnected.  No one knows who the mystery woman is.  Now, Valierie is
trying to get a home for this cat.  He's at the City Animal Control, so the
situation is dire.
Call Animal Control at 212-788-4000 and ask for Animal Case ID #A709588
Valerie says he is the coolest cat, and she is so sorry she can't keep him.
Neither can I -- my current cat would shred him immediately, and then start
pooping on the floor (don't ask -- my daughter loves her.  She's the only
one.)

If you can help, please contact Animal Control directly.
--Renee