[Fredslist] searching for an elevator for a video shoot

Anthony Bellov anthonybellov at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 10:15:12 EDT 2007

It seems like eveyone's looking for film locations this week!

I'm hunting for an elevator - - something preferably pretty modern and sleek
- - shiny, silver - - if it could pass as an elevator in the Empire State
Building that would be perfect.

This is for an extremely low-budget children's educational video that I'm
shooting for a "mom who has an idea." She's basically paying for this out of
her own pocket, so the budget is very minimal. Two little kids and two
puppets will walk into the elevator, the doors will close and then the doors
will re-open and they will step out of the elevator. That's basically it.
Could probably shoot it completely in 15 minutes or less. The crew can be as
small as the cast (four counting the puppets), a puppeteer (maybe), myself,
and a production assistant.

The elevator needs to be at the end of a fairly long corridor so we can
shoot straight at it and capture the entire elevator from top to bottom of
the doors. If it faces a wall we probably can't make the shot work.

We're fine with shooting someone's elevator in their residential building.
It doesn't need to be commercial, and it would be great if we could shoot
this on Wed or Thurs, May 16/17. Since we're working with two very young
children, we need to be sensible about the time - can't do it late at night,
when the elevator would be less busy unfortunately. Manhattan locale
preferred (uptown not a problem). Again, the best "mom" can manage
financially would be a token gratuity.

Hey - - it's worth putting out there, right?

Anthony Bellov
Anthony Bellov Video Productions
212 663-6748