[Fredslist] Reminder - Merchant's House Museum concert this Sunday (promotional)

Anthony Bellov anthonybellov at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:23:45 EDT 2007

Your fellow member Anthony Bellov (Anthony Bellov Video Productions) will be
appearing in a different role this Sunday at the Merchant's House Museum.

June being the month of love and marriage when brides traditionally process
down the aisle in flowy white dresses and flowered tresses, The Bond Street
Euterpean Singing Society, artists-in-residence at
the Merchants House Museum, presents

Salon Music: Love in the Parlors III (or "Songs of Love")

Sunday, June 24, 5:30 PM
Merchant's House Museum
29 East 4th Street, New York, NY
(between Lafayette St. and The Bowery)
Information: 212-777-1089 or www.merchantshouse.org

Guest artist mezzo-soprano Leslie Valentine joins Bond Street tenors Dayle
Vander Sande and Anthony Bellov in a beautiful program of 19th-century opera
and song, treating the themes of love and marriage, as accompaniment to the
current exhibition at the Museum.

This exhibition, "From Cradle to Altar: Wearing White in the 19th Century,"
displays two Tredwell family wedding gowns from the Museum's renowned
costume collection, one from 1820 and one from 1872. Additional dresses,
related bridal accessories (including lingerie and an invitation to the 1872
ceremony), and a delicately embroidered infant christening gown will also be
on view.

Our concert marks the close of the exhibition! Come down on Sunday, or we'll
forever hold our peace.

The program includes music by composers Gioachino Rossini, Robert Schumann,
Gabriel Faure, Georges Bizet, Johannes Brahms and Sir Arthur Sullivan among
others. A reception with the artists in the museum's 19th-Century period
kitchen will follow. The event should end around 7 PM.

The Museum's "Salon Music" series presents performances of period music
throughout the year as benefit for restoration of the Tredwells' 1845 Nunns
& Fischer pianoforte. Purchased by the family
for the house, it still remains today in its place of privilege in the front
parlor.

We hope to see all you romantics in the congregation -- er -- audience. And
while gifts aren't necessary, we ARE registered at Tiffany's.