[Fredslist] NYC restaurant advice

Rebecca Selvenis selvenisr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:55:26 EDT 2007

Replying to all as Manhattan brunch is useful info for anyone, in my humble
opinion!

Sorry, but I hope you don't intend to stay in Times Square all day.  Brunch
is not for Times Square...

72nd St. Boat Basin
Weather permitting, it's lovely to sit right along the water and enjoy a
casual (salads and sandwiches in baskets) lunch.

Good Enough to Eat
82nd and Amsterdam
People line up outside to get some of the best home cooking in the country.
Don't be scared of the long line, it moves fast and is worth it.  Two words-
strawberry butter. My fave brunch in the city.

Artisinal, Park Ave
Sophisticated and elegant.  Do you like cheese?  Yum!

The Odeon
Tribeca
A classic

Noho Star
Lafayette/Bleecker
Yummy, hipster, pricey

Kitchenette
122nd St and Amsterdam, or Tribeca (Tribeca location may not be open on
wknds)
Get a cupcake on the way out!  Great, great comfort food.

BROOKLYN:
Applewood, 11th St. Park Slope
Amazing food any time of day.  Husband/wife duo run farmhouse-style resto
drawing all their meats from organic grass-fed farms.  Brooklyn's best.
Brunch here is hailed.

Rosewater-
Union St Park Slope
Homey and cozy.  So cute with interesting and delicious fare.  Reasonably
priced.

Popular but overhyped and touristy:
Sarabeth's, Isabella's, davidburke & donatella (snooty)