[Fredslist] HVAC referral for Westchester

Eric J. Miller ejm at carnegie-ltd.com
Thu Jun 15 17:27:33 EDT 2006

Susan-

Thanks so much for the referral to Jon and Phoenix.  I asked him to come
to my house to double check the diagnosis and cost of repair that my old
HVAC firm quoted me.  The firm I was using for maintenance was the firm
that designed and install the system 5 years ago when we built our
addition.

My (former) installer and maintenance firm told me, that the 'board' on
one of our compressors was bad and required replacement.  This diagnosis
cost me over $200 and the part they wanted to install was $800.  Jon
came over this morning and briefly checked out what we had.  He then
called his technician, who came over in about 15 minutes.  The tech
discovered that the wiring to the compressor was completely wrong and
was a big safety concern.  Furthermore, that way it was wired, even if
done correctly in the way they set it up, it didn't permit the use of
both speeds of our special 2 speed compressors.  He re-wired it and
presto!  Works perfectly.  And the 'board' is perfectly functional too!

Jon and Phoenix now have a new client and are coming back next week to
begin their first quarterly maintenance visits.  The cost of their 100%
all inclusive maintenance and service for the entire year is less that
what my old guys wanted just for this repair - which wasn't even
necessary.  Amazing.

Another Gotham success story.  Thanks so much.

Regards,

Eric J. Miller
Carnegie Associates Ltd.
680 Fifth Avenue 25th Floor at 54th Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 843-9404 - direct
(212) 843-9435 - fax
(917) 863-8888 - cell