[Fredslist] Allementary Health Tips/Fitness

Lawrence Jackson-Rosen inquire at rosenhealth.com
Fri Sep 30 09:53:25 EDT 2005

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  Many of our most common
ailments might be avoided if we would simply drink enough water, or ate
appropriate quantities of nutritious food.  The same is true of physical
activity.  The human body was designed to be in motion.  All the functions
of our bodies suffer from our modern way of life:  spending hours at a desk,
looking at a computer screen, commuting buy car or train, going home and
parking on the sofa in front of the TV-we spend far too much time sitting.
Our ancestors walked, ran, performed physical chores or did manual labor,
and they benefited from being active.

Mood, digestion, mental alertness, circulation, body aches, bone
density-these are all greatly affected by the amount and kind of physical
activity we have.  Would it not be easier to find time in our busy schedules
for some walking, yoga, T'ai Chi, weight training, bicycling-some kind of
exercise-rather than paying later with illness, medications (with their
negative side-effects), or even hospitalization?

No one will die if you take a little time each day to get your fluids
flowing and strengthen your bones and muscles, but you may well save
yourself from a great deal of distress, and you'll most likely add years to
your life.

The mission of Allementary Health is to facilitate and educate people in
their journeys toward optimal physical, mental, and emotional health,
emphasizing self-awareness, genuine self-esteem, and safe, natural,
time-tested methods.

Have a safe and happy weekend!

Lawrence Jackson-Rosen

Holistic Health Counselor