[Fredslist] Fw: Beyond Glory -- The Schmeling-Louis Fight.

Fred Klein fklein at legal.org
Wed Nov 9 22:29:57 EST 2005

See below re an historic read.
-----Original Message-----
From: TEMPOHnr at aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:15:38
To:FKlein at kzrd.com
Cc:Damarg at aol.com
Subject: Beyond Glory -- The Schmeling-Louis Fight.

This is a follow-up to our conversation the other day about getting the word out to your contact list about David Margolick's remarkable new book, "Beyond Glory:  The Schmeling-Louis Fight."  As you may know, the book received a front-page review in the New York Times Book Review.  I had the privilege of being around as a student at City College at the time of the fight and I remember the tremendous excitement it generated, coming as it did at the time when the news about Hitler's persecution of the Jews was reaching this country.  What we are looking for are opportunities to discuss the book on TV or radio interviews.  I interviewed David last Sunday on the "Beyond the Pale" program on WBAI.  How about something at the Friars Club?  Many thanks for anything you can do.
                                                                                          Henry

Sent via BlackBerry from EarthLink Wireless.