[Fredslist] Write up on the Golf Outing

Leslie A. Berkoff lberkoff at moritthock.com
Tue May 3 08:38:37 EDT 2005

At first there were four who valiantly braved the course at engineers:
Leslie Berkoff, Nancy Schess, Jane Jacobs and Caryn Lilling.  Venturing
forth we braved the first scattered showers which passed quickly
overhead, although a few mumbled (rather loudly) that it was time to
head for the hills. Yet, we continued on (I do believe threats were
involved. All four bearing witness to my tap dance, as from the edge of
the green on one hole I sunk a putt straight through.  Yet, after nine
holes two left (Nancy and Jane)...work beckoned and apparently
blackberry/phone reception on the course was not clear.  That left two
brave "golfers", Caryn and Leslie fully prepared to stay the course and
complete all 18. (I in particular, in order to defend my name which has
been bandied about much over the last year).  For the two who remained
it was a remarkable experience, our tour guide, Anthony (caddie to those
of you who did not have the pleasure of meeting him), showed us tricks
and trained us well. By our 18th hole our balls were lofting in the air
(no more hitting of the golf cart, okay that was me).  Enticed by the
call of alcohol we finished our final hole, sped back to the main house,
just missing the rain.  Let the record show, I played all 18 (as did
Caryn) and that next year I and my teammates will do so again.  Watch
for us to take some trophies as some of us (this means you Caryn) have
committed to work on our game this season and next, and have in fact
enticed other gothamites to join in the fun (Victoria this means you!).
Thanks to all for a good time.