[Fredslist] Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Fred Klein fklein at legal.org
Fri Jul 15 20:51:23 EDT 2005

In the words of the great John Fogarty "Big wheels keep on turning, proud Mary keep on burning, rolling, rolling, rolling, keep on rolling" do your Gotham Bombers as they topped the second place team tonight by the score of 10-7 to roll to a 9 up and one down record in this season of our bliss content. (how's that for a lead "Hard Hitting" Don Bernstein?). If not for our ever aggressive base running which caused two runners to be thrown out at the plate the margin of victory would have been more comfortable, but we will continue to take the extra base and force the issue. As ever, our hitting star was newest Gotham member Scott Bloom with a key bases empty homer to pad our lead. On defense firstbaseman Anthony Orlando made a key scoop and secondbaseperson Roz Quarto again made a number of sure handed plays, but the play of the season was put together by short center fielder Marisa Glass and center fielder Craig Bruck. Marisa, who has never played in a losing Bomber game and !
 was playing in front of her parents, made a valiant effort to reach a medium fly ball and just reached it and tipped it to an on rushing Bruck who plucked it magestically out of the air with his meat hand. Another noteworthy happening was the appearance of Gotham's first fans: Michael Klein of the NJ Group and applicant Judy Mines. Your Bombers greatly appreciated their support and would feel equally motivated by your presence as we are rolling and it is so great to be young and a Bomber!