[Fredslist] Why Does Queenie Ride the Circuit Soooo Much?

Linda 'Queenie' Newman queenie at thorn.net
Tue Jul 5 14:35:23 EDT 2005

Hi Gothamites and Gothamettes,

For the purpose of this e-mail, I am "coming clean" and letting Greater Gotham know that I mean business!

I am the Co-Chair of the Mentoring Program.  In this role, I must get to know people before I match them with other "family" members.  I have been Riding the Circuit and it has encouraged a VERY few Gothamites (and ettes) to enter "the program".  Am I satisfied with my ROI (rate of investment)?

No, actually I am not.  I want everyone to have a Mentor and be a Mentor.  Do I always get what I want?  No, but I generally don't give up until I am sure there is absolutely no hope.

Another Gotham Program that is currently underutilized and has something to do with me breathing some life into it  (or hatching it as the case may be) is The Incubator Program.  This program allows people from different groups to get together over drinks (paid for by Gotham).  Incubatorites get to know each other and brainstorm ideas that have in some cases been adopted by Gotham.  An opportunity to heard.  It is once a month, generally on a Thursday night, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.  The next one is July 14th and because the Friars Club is closed, we are meeting at The Omni Hotel at 52nd and Madison Avenue.  If you haven't been to an Incubator and would like to attend, I still have a few spots available.  Attendance is generally limited to once so that all members have a chance to attend.

Chances are, I'll be seeing you soon and following up with your GCs after I visit your group.  Those of you who know me, know my word is good.

Gothamly,

Queenie

Linda R. Newman
Queen of Networking

718-336-4544    telephone

queenie at thorn.net - email

www.ssfinsurance.com

So, when you see me at a Group meeting, be forewarned, I have an Agenda and it is not hidden.
Linda R. Newman
Queen of Networking

718-336-4544    telephone

queenie at thorn.net - email